12-10-2012, 07:12 PM
| || |
Most likely ick, not velvet.
Velvet is a somewhat rare.
- Unless your tank light turns on AUTOMATICALLY with a timer, then of course the betta will sleep/rest until light appears.
Every single one of my tank LIGHTs are connected to timers so they turn on automatically @ sunset & they stay on for about 6-7 hours after.
- Gill covers (operculums) can be all sorts of colors, from red, blue, white, black, orange, yellow, etc....
- This is completely dependant on the genetics of the fish.
- Same rule applies with the bottom of his face/mouth/chin. Mine vary from completely black, silver & white.
It's absolutely NOTHING
to worry about.
But the finrot is caused by being subjected to dirty water, so change it more often, keep your betta in 78+ water & your bettas fins should heal on it's own.
- BTW, how many gallons of water does your tank hold? From the photos, your tank looks really narrow, but I do notice the filter intake & the heater.
- Do you have a photo of your entire tank?