1. Size of aquarium (# of gallons)
2. Is your aquarium setup freshwater or brackish water?
3. How long the aquarium has been set up?
4. What fish and how many are in the aquarium (species are important to know)
8 - Albino X-Ray Tetras
6 - Peppered Cory Cats
1 - Clown Pleco
1 - Male Betta
5. Are there live plants in the aquarium?
6. What temperature is the tank water currently?
7. What make/model filter are you using?
AquaTech 20/40 Power Filter
Tom Aquarium Rapid Mini Canister
8. Are you using a CO2 unit?
9. Does your aquarium receive natural sunlight at any given part of the day?
10. When did you perform your last water exchange, and how much water was changed?
11. How often do you perform water changes?
twice a week
12. How often and what foods do you feed your fish?
Once a day, Flakes for tetras, Betta Pellets for Betta, Sinking Shrimp pellets for Corys and Algae Pellet for Pleco at night every second night.
13. What type of lighting are you using and how long is it kept on?
Standard flouresent light, on 6-10 hours a day
14. What specific concerns bring you here at this time?
My Bettas Fins are not looking good. last week a noticed some areas of the fins were discolored, and faded. His fins are clamped, tail fin is missing a large chunk today.
15. What are your water parameters? Test your pH, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate.
Nitrate around 10
16. What test kit are you using and is it liquid or test strips?
Tetratest Laborette liquid test.
17. When was the last time you bought a fish and how did they behave while in the pet store tank?
Clown Pleco, 2.5 weeks ago. Behaves the same, always hiding, moves fast.
If it is Fin rot, do I remove the betta and treat him or treat the tank?