I have a Blue Royal Spotted Trout (Barillius Bakeri) who is in a 10g hospital tank with an 30g aqua clear filter and air stone. I've been treating him for a large tumor like growth that was filled with fluid and popped when he jumped out of the main tank during a water change. The fluid in the growth was a bloody/ puss like liquid- which in a panic of him flipping around on the floor I immediately put him back in my main tank (fluid exposed to main tank). Prior to that, his growth looked like a large pink pimple where his pectoral fin met his body. He has had it for approximately 1 month.
After the growth had burst I noticed the beginnings of a similar cauliflower like growth starting where his dorsal fin meets his body, and he now has another pink pimple type growth in his other pectoral fin, so they are spreading for a total of 3 large growths. He appears to also have 2 areas of raised scales, where I am suspecting another growth may show up? His has also started to get worse when I moved him into the hospital tank.
I've treated him with one full course of Triple Sulfa that had no effect, in fact his growths got bigger, and he is now on day 3 of a Kanaplex & Nitrofurazone combo in his hospital tank. The hospital tank is cycling so he has been exposed to elevated ammonia levels (.25-1) although I am treating with Prime every 48hrs and do a 25% water change every other day so that should detoxify the effect of elevated ammonia levels and should not be adversely affecting him (he has been in the hospital tank for 6 days). At first I thought this might be TB, but his energy levels are high as ever and appetite is good, so I am wondering if it might be Lymphocytosis and getting worse due to being exposed to elevated ammonia levels and antibiotics in the I cycled hospital tank.
My dilemma is that on Friday Jan 31st I have a 2 week vacation planned out of the country. I have someone coming over to feed my main tank (73g community tank)- but I can't leave my afflicted fish in the hospital tank as the water needs to be regularly changed to keep the parameters good as the tank is far from cycled. Leaving him in the uncycled tank for 17 days is certainly leaving him to his death.
Given that he lived for over a month in the community tank with these growths, (meaning if contagious the other fish have already been exposed) and that he will have completed full treatments of Triple Sulfa, Kanaplex, and Nitrofurozone, do you think it would be ok to put him back in the community tank while I am gone on vacation where he will be in a stable Eco-system?
I feel really in a bind here and don't know what to do. Euthanasia doesn't feel like an option because other than these growths he is swimming energetically, acting and eating normally, and if if it Lymphocytosis my understanding is that it will run it's course.
Please help- I'm facing a tough decision here with my upcoming vacation and can use any help I can get.
Thanks~! Posted via Mobile Device