12-05-2011, 11:48 AM
| || |
CL1992, I've been scouring the web and so far from what I've gathered it's either a wart/cyst, tumor, viral, or parasite. I know that doesn't narrow down our options much but I'm leaning towards the wart/cyst. He is the only fish that has it, has had it for a while now and it hasn't spread to the other fish, so I believe that lowers the odds of a parasite or viral.
Overall though I have looked at TONS of fish disease pictures, descriptions, treatments, etc. And havn't been able to say "that's it!" Either way I don't think there is a treatment option other than to let it run it's course. Since (at least in my case) the fish is otherwise perfectly healthy, active, and showing no other signs of illness I'm going to just let him be and keep my eye on it.