ok so my tank has ick and it is ALL over my pictus and there are about 2 dots on my JD. i have started treatment with this stuff that is about 5-10yrs old, would it still work and if not would pecto stuff be fine?
1. What is the size of your tank? 35gal
2. What are your water parameters? State the brand of test kit used. 7.4 ph, 5-10 nitrates, 0 nitrites, 150 hardness,120 alkalinity, no chlorine (well water)
3. Is your aquarium set up freshwater or brackish water? fresh
4. How long the aquarium has been set up? 5 months
5. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them? 1 JD, 1 pictus cat, and a couple convict cichlid babies about 2 months old
6. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)? well when i put them in i took out all other fish but the babies so i just floated them for 20min or so, no.
7. What temperature is the tank water currently? hovers around 80 F
8. Are there live plants in the aquarium? no
9. What filter are you using? State brand, maintenance routine and power capacity. penguin biowheel 150, rated for 40gal, change filter cartridge monthly, dont touch biowheel
10. Any other equipment used (aside from heater and filter which are two very important components of the tank)? 2 air pumps for an air wall in the back
11. Does your aquarium receive natural sunlight at any given part of the day? What is your lighting schedule (assuming you do not rely on sunlight for our viewing pleasure)? like 1 hr of daylight, just a petco flourescent tube bulb
12. When did you perform your last water change and how much water was changed? How often do you change your water? Do you vacuum the substrate? 4 days ago yes i vacum the substrate
13. What foods do you provide your fish? What is the feeding schedule? i feed hikari dried krill and some cichlid flakes and the ocasional snail from my planted tank
14. What unusual signs have you observed in your fish? nothing, very active, just one small spot
15. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? If so, what treatments did you use? State your reasons for planning ahead of proper diagnosis. never