| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools|
Illness with my Molly......Getting to the point I wonder what to do?
been gone for a while. Neighbor caring for fish. Come home to my Dalmation Molly looking like the photo...What is this and What do I do to take care of it?
| || |
Originally Posted by Trofishlore View Post
I have no clue what to tell you. Could be some type of bacterial or fungus or a mass of some kind, which she would likely die from
If I were you, I'd look for some broad range fungal cure at a pet store and see what that does.
Edit: Perhaps it's an external parasite, which looking on-line, you could treat with neomycin sulfate. What are your water parameters? I'd do a water change (75%) immediately. If it's a bacterial infection, that would likely be caused by poor water conditions. There is a disease called Columnaris, or cotton mouth, which live bearers are prone to with poor water conditions, but your fish doesn't have the symptoms in places on the body that are more common, so I'm not sure about this one. You may just want to do regular, frequent water changes, add a little salt (assuming you don't have catfish) and see how that goes. Or find a broad range treatment for a variety of possibilities such as bacterial and fungal.
Just because animals can't talk, does not mean they should not be heard
Last edited by GwenInNM; 03-06-2012 at 07:23 AM. Reason: new info
i think it looks like some sort of fungus or growth, is it spreading anywhere. are there other symptoms (such as pop eye, fin rot, spots on his body ect.). i noticed in both the pictures he is up at the top. has he been this way? is he having a hard time swimming? are you currently treating the water with any kinds of medication?
never stop learning, as new things are discovered everyday.