Is this ick on my puffers? - Page 3 - Tropical Fish Keeping - Aquarium fish care and resources
 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 28 Old 03-18-2013, 10:33 AM
TFK Moderator
 
Romad's Avatar
 
Just be sure to keep treating for at least a week to 10 days after you see the last of the spots. Ich has a pretty long life cycle and more than one stage. Here's a good article about it- a little lengthy but really worth reading.

I agree - plants can be replaced but not your fish buddies. Good luck and keep us posted.

Ich | The Skeptical Aquarist

Animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers.
Romad is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 28 Old 03-18-2013, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romad View Post
Just be sure to keep treating for at least a week to 10 days after you see the last of the spots. Ich has a pretty long life cycle and more than one stage. Here's a good article about it- a little lengthy but really worth reading.

I agree - plants can be replaced but not your fish buddies. Good luck and keep us posted.

Ich | The Skeptical Aquarist
The coppersafe stays in for 30 days after just one dose but when i do water changes i do redose the new water with the recommended amount (my nursing math skills get a work out hahah) the salt as you know will only come out with the water changes anyways so i think im safe
NewFishFiend is offline  
post #23 of 28 Old 03-18-2013, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
They had began to look really really bad so im really glad it is almost gone. The minicycle has almost completed as well. The sickness and minicycle had me on edge :/
NewFishFiend is offline  
post #24 of 28 Old 03-18-2013, 08:39 PM
TFK Moderator
 
Romad's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewFishFiend View Post
They had began to look really really bad so im really glad it is almost gone. The minicycle has almost completed as well. The sickness and minicycle had me on edge :/
I'll bet. I hate feeling like you wish there was more you could do when something happens.

It's not like you can take them out of the tank and treat them LOL.

Animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers.
Romad is offline  
post #25 of 28 Old 03-18-2013, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romad View Post
I'll bet. I hate feeling like you wish there was more you could do when something happens.

It's not like you can take them out of the tank and treat them LOL.
I love the betta in ur pic. :)
NewFishFiend is offline  
post #26 of 28 Old 03-18-2013, 08:45 PM
Member
 
Boredomb's Avatar
 
Am glad to hear things are starting to work themselves out and your fishy pets are getting better.

Boredomb is offline  
post #27 of 28 Old 03-18-2013, 08:52 PM
Member
 
MoneyMitch's Avatar
 
always nice to hear a victory story!
MoneyMitch is offline  
post #28 of 28 Old 03-20-2013, 06:25 PM
Glad things are good I have used salt before and all my plants were fine
boxercrazy156 is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
puffers shirley Brackish Water 7 12-15-2008 06:15 AM
Puffers wake49 Saltwater Fish 4 10-01-2008 10:53 AM
so many puffers tangy Beginner Saltwater Aquariums 3 05-20-2007 04:29 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome