11-07-2013, 07:07 PM
| || |
Originally Posted by Ogre44
Cichlids tend to be sensitive to salt in the water, I'd do a little research on your particular fish before adding salt.
I agree. I wouldn't add salt as the harm it can do is exponentially greater than the benefit you might see.
Raising the temp to at least 86 does the trick all on its own. Leave it there for 2 weeks. Most people will say to do daily water changes with vacuums....to get rid of the parasites. I have found this to be totally unnecessary. Personally, I don't see a point to removing the dead parasites - they pose no threat at all.
Quick cure is very effective as well, but a word of caution - it can stain decor and silicon with a blue hue.