I have had sick fish for about 5 weeks now.. I have tried various meds and treatments and nothing is working! Lost my favorite fish about a week ago too.. I am feeling very defeated in all of this. Any advice is appreciated.. and yes I have tried the heat treatments and after 2 weeks the fish showed no changes.
1. Size of tank? 10g
2. Water parameters
a. Ammonia? 0
d. pH, KH and GH?
e. Test kit? I have an API amonia kit only at this time.
3. Temperature? 86 (raised to do heat ich treatment)
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)? FW
5. How long the aquarium has been set up? Since 9/11
6. What fish do you have?Platy's How many are in your tank?4 How big are they? 3 grown adults and 1 fry. How long have you had them? The fish I have had for about 2 months now, fry is about 6 weeks old.
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)? No.
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants? Fake plants right now (4) going to switch to live plants once I get this under control.
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom? Gravel
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors? 2 mini statues, 1 fake coral tunnel, 1 bubbling volcano and fancy glass pebbles.
9. a. Filtration? penguin biowheel 100
b. Heater? fluval for up to 15 gallons
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used? Lights during the day, moon light after 8pm and lights off at 11pm
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long? in a shaded area of the home.
11. a. Water change schedule? 2 times a week
b. Volume of water changed? 25%
c. Well water, tap water, RO water? tap water
d. Water conditioner used? seachem prime.
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed? I do a small section at each water change.
12. Foods? omega one
How often are they fed? 1 per day.
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms? white ich like spots on tail for one of them, 1 is pale, both sick fish are hiding or hanging out near the top.
b. Appearance of poop? same color as food.
c. Appearance of gills? pink
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? I have been treating for ich for the last 5 weeks after a friend of mine said it was Ich. She has been caring for fish for years.
b. What meds were used?
I have tried Super Ich Cure, Rid-ich and Quick cure all at separate times, I have tried salt, heat and a combination of salt and heat and a combo of salt heat and meds... nothing has helped.
15. Insert photos of fish in question and full tank shot if necessary.