1. Size of aquarium (# of gallons) 20 gal
2. Is your aquarium setup freshwater or brackish water?fresh
3. How long the aquarium has been set up?6 weeks
4. What fish and how many are in the aquarium (species are important to know): see my signature
5. Are there live plants in the aquarium? not currently
6. What temperature is the tank water currently?81 f
7. What make/model filter are you using? tetra whisper
8. Are you using a CO2 unit? no
9. Does your aquarium receive natural sunlight at any given part of the day? only through the curtains, not set up directyl infront of the window
10. When did you perform your last water exchange, and how much water was changed? daily 15%changes for the last 2 weeks
11. How often do you perform water changes?daily
12. How often and what foods do you feed your fish?cut down to once daily due to rise in ammonia-tropical fish flakes frozen brine shrimp, tropical water pellets (for dragon fish and ADF)
13. What type of lighting are you using and how long is it kept on? 12 hours.
14. What specific concerns bring you here at this time? white stuff on my black mollie
15. What are your water parameters? Test your pH, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate.
nitrate 5.0ppm.......test done 10/13/09 at 11:00pm PWC immediatly following (15%)
16. What test kit are you using and is it liquid or test strips?API master freshwater testkit (liquid)
17. When was the last time you bought a fish and how did they behave while in the pet store tank? 2 weeks ago-albino corycat...he seemed very active at the store has not changed since he has been in his new home
.......i copied and pasted that from another post....thought it would be beneficial so i could make sure i had all the info you guys would need so here is my question....i had an ich issue approx 3 weeks ago...per my lfs i treated with 1 tbsp aquarium salt/5 gal of water.....at this point both my mollies and platy had severl white spots on them...the ich seemed to clear up with in a few days.....i've notice over the past 3-4days my black mollie had white stuff on the tips of his tail fin...now he has one under his left eye and behind his right gill and it has also spread to the tips of his other fins as well...he is still eating and acting fine last night durring the water change he played in the bubbles as usual. none of my other fish seem to be affected and it does not look like the same white spots as when they all had ich. my question is could this be a repete of ich on only one fish or could it be a fungus?? i do not have a heater on my tank but it stays steady between 80 and 81 deg f. if it is either fungus or ich how could i go about treating it?? i know some people recommend high temps for ich treatment but my tank temp is already fairly high....