I recently setup a new 45 gallon tank and transferred a lively group of my red-wags. The tank has cycled and has been running for about 2 months now. My parameters are all good, no amm or nitrite, very low nitrate, and ph around 7.5. Sadly I made the mistake of buying a marble molley pair and some neons to add to the tank and they appear to have brought in ICH. I've already lost a couple of red wags and I'm deciding tonight how to dose. I'm starting to raise the temperature to 85 degrees and planning to use salt. I also have a package of "Ick Clear" which is victoria green and acriflavine. I understand the acriflavine is deadly on the tank so I'd rather not use it to avoid staining everything. However, I'm worried that my fish will be harmed by the salt...
Please tell me if I am headed in the right direction.
1. Size of aquarium (# of gallons) 45
2. Is your aquarium setup freshwater or brackish water? Fresh
3. How long the aquarium has been set up?2 months
4. What fish and how many are in the aquarium (species are important to know) 8 Red wags, 2 marble mollies, 4 neons, 2 Cory catfish
5. Are there live plants in the aquarium? Yes
6. What temperature is the tank water currently? 78
7. What make/model filter are you using? Aquaclear 50 and Marineland 350
8. Are you using a CO2 unit? no
9. Does your aquarium receive natural sunlight at any given part of the day? no
10. When did you perform your last water exchange, and how much water was changed? 1 week ago, 10 gal.
11. How often do you perform water changes? every week
12. How often and what foods do you feed your fish? twice per day, flakes & brine shrimp
13. What type of lighting are you using and how long is it kept on? Flourescent, 12 hours
14. What specific concerns bring you here at this time? See above
15. What are your water parameters? Test your pH, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate.
16. What test kit are you using and is it liquid or test strips? Liquid
17. When was the last time you bought a fish and how did they behave while in the pet store tank? last week. 2 neons died right away, the mollies did fine.