Size of tank? - 55 gal
2. Water parameters
a. Ammonia? almost 0
b. Nitrite? 0
c. Nitrate? 0
d. pH, KH and GH? pH: 8.0 (can't really be lowered with my tap water)
e. Test kit? API
3. Temperature? 78
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)? FW
5. How long the aquarium has been set up? 3 Mo.
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them? pleco, neons, platy's, mollies, guppies.
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)? no
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants? live
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom? gravel
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors? hollow fake rocks
9. a. Filtration? yes - good
b. Heater? yes
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used? 2x 54w t-5
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long?
11. a. Water change schedule? weekly
b. Volume of water changed?20%
c. Well water, tap water, RO water? Tap
d. Water conditioner used? Yes
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed? Weekly
12. Foods? flake
How often are they fed? once per day
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms? yes
b. Appearance of poop? ok
c. Appearance of gills? ok
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? for ich 2 weeks ago
b. What meds were used? malachite green
Two weeks ago I had 2 fish with ich, including this male platy (a mild infection). He was hiding a lot and when he came out I noticed the ich. I treated and since then he has constantly hidden and when he comes out he has clamped fins and eats little if anything. Now he is so thin that I doubt he will live and has a hard time staying straight in the water, but I think that may be because he is starving and dying as a result. These are the only symptoms. No inflamed gills. My other Platy has been fine. Also, a few days ago my khuli loach came out of hiding looking pale and three days later died. All of the other fish seem happy any healthy. Any ideas?