One of my blue gouramies is sick and not much active, it floates near surface beside the filter and tries to get air from the surface, also has a big scar on the side, other fish are fine, can anyone tell me what should I do? thanks.
My aquarium info:
1. Size of aquarium (# of gallons) 29 gallon
2. Is your aquarium setup freshwater or brackish water? Freshwater
3. How long the aquarium has been set up? Transferred from an old 18 gallon aquarium 1 week ago, used same filter media, some water frm the old aquarium.
4. What fish and how many are in the aquarium (species are important to know) 7 different Guramies, 1 plecostomus, 1 black angel, 6 tetras.
5. Are there live plants in the aquarium? Yes.
6. What temperature is the tank water currently? Around 80
7. What make/model filter are you using? Tetra Whisper Internal Power
8. Are you using a CO2 unit? No
9. Does your aquarium receive natural sunlight at any given part of the day? No direct sunlight.
10. When did you perform your last water exchange, and how much water was changed? 1 week ago 3/4 new water while tranferring
11. How often do you perform water changes? Once per month
12. How often and what foods do you feed your fish? Tetra flakes, frozen food
13. What type of lighting are you using and how long is it kept on? Corallife compact 65w
14. What specific concerns bring you here at this time? Fish disease.
15. What are your water parameters? Test your pH, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. Amonia close to 0 Nitrite = 0 Nitrate > 40 Oxygen 4 mg/l
16. What test kit are you using and is it liquid or test strips? API test kits, Liquid Sera Oxygen and CO2 test kits
17. When was the last time you bought a fish and how did they behave while in the pet store tank? 3 days ago, good, very active.