I am establishing a new tank. Here's the background:
I had 3 neons and a Male Betta in a 2 gallon tank...yeah...bad idea, I know. Betta in on LAST Tuesday, neons in on LAST thursday. THIS tuesday, I took the neons out and put them in a 10 gallon tank. I checked the water perameters, and all was right. The ammonia was 0, nitrites was zero, nitrate 20ppm, so I bought three fancy tailed guppies YESTERDAY. I tested the water with strips and liquid tests...all were normal. This afternoon, one of the guppies went gulping and spasming...so I took him back to PetSmart, where I got him (in a container of water). I had them test the water too, which was fine. They replaced him with another one. So, I just get home from dinner out, and another Guppy
died right there in front of me. This was one I had brought home yesterday too. The neons are fine...the water perameters are fine (although I know the tank is not cycled yet...just too short a time). The other 2 guppies (one introduced to the tank yesterday and the one from today) seem ok...I called PetSmart (just after closing), and the woman I worked with earlier today answered and talked with me for about 20 minutes about what it could be (she said the other one did that for 2 hours)....and nothing seemed to make sense. To be safe, I did a 1 gallon water change. No nitrates, chlorine, PH is ok...ammonia is about .20...
I feel like it is my fault here!!! HELP!!!