1. currently in a 1/2 gallon bowl (temporary, I have had him 4 days now) Im trying to get my old fish tank set up (its either 2 or 3 gallons, Its also all i have room for) But I dont want to move him until I know how strong the filter is.
2. tapwater? (we dont have ANY chlorine in our water, but there are some minerals and salt.... should I use my Aqua safe conditioner? or would the change stress him out more?
3. almost 4 days.
4. Just 1 male betta
5. 1 fake plastic (plan on getting some silk for the new one as he enjoys going through them so often.)
6. It changes :( between mid 70s to low 80s.... I found an old heater for my tank when i move him (as soon as i figure out to use it)
7. None now, his new one is by Marineland... Its a 3 step filtration process w/a bio wheel.... I dont know how strong it is... It says 120vac 60hv .12amp... does that help?
8. whats a co2 unit?
9.Indirect sunlight during day (I move Him when its really bright)
10. 100% when i first got him a few days ago.
11. How often should i?? i have heard with a filter do a 50% once a month or so....?
12. 2 times a day (3pellets morning, 2 at night... its called Hikari betta bio-gold fish food. is this good?
13. just sunlight or if the light in the room is on for somone using it
14.His top fin appears to be tangled/knotted at the end of it, His bottom fin has developed a small curl in part of it also. I believe the knott occured on the car ride home when i got him (he did not have it when i got him but when i put him in his bowl afterwords i noticed it shortly after.
15-16... Im not sure how to answer these... Its drinking water? he seems happy enough though, He sometimes runs into his reflecton I was told to keep him occupied so i place random shiny objects where he can see them and he seems to be really curious, I tried to get him tofollow my finger... He puffed his gils out and swam away.... He is also starting a bubble nest (thats what its called right?) so im not sure if i should move him when he has one going?
17. The last fish I bought was him and he is alone. I picked him on a whim when I saw them, I felt bad for them in their little plastic containers, He was the livliest the others just kinda hung there ( I almost got one of them because i felt so bad) He was swimming around and attacking his reflection ( I had passed him more than an hour before and he was livley then, with his fins spread out and everything unlike the others) I have not had a fish in 3 to 4 years, and before i had only had goldfish and a frog. I had a goldfish live 1.5 years in the tank I want to move my betta to....