1. Size of tank? 100L
2. Water parameters
d. pH, KH and GH?
e. Test kit?
All measured as average, nothing unusual.
3. Temperature? 25-26oC
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)? FW
5. How long the aquarium has been set up? 1yr
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them? Pre-infection
1 Dwarf Gourami, 2 Honey Gourami, 1 Molly, 2 Corydoras, 4 Zebra Danio Post-infection
The above, plus:
1 Moonlight Gourami, 3 Zebra Danio, 1 Balloon Molly, 2 Platys
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)?
No, only at the pet store.
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants? 3 live, 2 fake
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom? gravel
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors? 2 bogwood
9. a. Filtration? Yes, built in
b. Heater? Yes
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used? None.
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long? West-facing living room with lights on at night.
11. a. Water change schedule?
b. Volume of water changed? 10 litres changed every weekend.
c. Well water, tap water, RO water? Tap with conditioner
d. Water conditioner used? Yes.
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed? Vacuumed at the weekend prior to new fish.
How often are they fed? Twice daily
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms?
b. Appearance of poop? Stringy
c. Appearance of gills? Ok
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? Yes - advised bacterial
b. What meds were used? Pimafix
15. Insert photos of fish in question and full tank shot if necessary.
See attached. This is a Zebra Danio with a curved spine sitting on the bottom of the tank looks like he's gasping for air.
Also worth noting that I have already had the new Gourami die which had a white fungus on it's back. I bought him on Saturday, he was lethargic which I put down to stress, then he lost use of one of his fins and I thought he had damaged it. His tail was ragged and he eventually started laying against bogwood etc and gasping for air. This morning found him dead. Took him to pet store who had 'no idea' what it was but thought was bacterial (going from his fungus) and gave a refund together with free Pimafix.
Any ideas whether it is bacterial and am proceeding correctly? The rest of the tank has been affected and are starting to be lethargic and showing little interest in food (which is saying something given how hungry my molly used to be...)