03-29-2014, 08:26 AM
| || |
Originally Posted by Agent13
Yes, the meds by food are working. I dont suggest it to anyone as I dont know anyone else who has done it and I imagine overdose would be very easy. I put ~ .03-.05cc of a fenbendazole & metronidazole in with blood worms and let it sit in it and soak about an hr or so then target fed. It managed to be both ingested and topically applied. 2 doses 24hrs apart and I'll observe for the next 5-7 days and redose if needed. All seems good at this moment.
These are generally used for for internal protizoans/parasites, though metro does have some antibiotic properties. These are commonly used during a worming procedure with wild caught fish, or as a maintenance procedure in large fishrooms, especially where discus are concerned. This is not to say that they won't work on the external manifestation of a parasite issue, I've been following this to see the effectiveness of this treatment. Both medications are difficult to overdose with, so I wouldn't be too concerned about that.