So I returned home today after going to see family and I've found that one of my 7 Harleys appears to be finding it awkward to swim...
I've been watching for a few minutes now and whilst everyone else is happy, and seem as normal as ever, one of them isn't. The issue he has is that he floats upwards massively, whilst no one else has this issue. The only way I can describe it as I watch is like when a ballon rises into the sky, it looks like the fish is filled with helium!
The temperature is at its regular 78-79F, I've looked at him and all of his fins appear to be in tact. I'm really worried about him, he doesn't seem to be staying with the rest of the group, and has stayed underneath where the filter outtake pours into the tank as it seems to push him down so he doesn't have to constantly dart downwards to avoid floating up.
1. Size of tank? 10 gallons
2. Water parameters - don't know
d. pH, KH and GH?
e. Test kit?
3. Temperature? 78-79F
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)? FW
5. How long the aquarium has been set up? 2 years
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them? 7 Harlequin Rasbora, 1 Bristlenose Pleco. All in tank for a year
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)? No
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants? 5 different species of live plants, no fake.
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom? A sort of gravel.
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors? Driftwood, and fake rock (plastic)
9. a. Filtration? Yes
b. Heater? Yes
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used? T5 bulb, 3pm until 11pm.
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long? No
11. a. Water change schedule? Every Monday
b. Volume of water changed? 50%
c. Well water, tap water, RO water? Tap
d. Water conditioner used? Yes, aqua safe
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed? Every water change
12. Foods? TetraPro
How often are they fed? Once a day, not on Saturdays
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms? As described above
b. Appearance of poop? Normal
c. Appearance of gills? Normal
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? No
b. What meds were used?
15. Insert photos of fish in question and full tank shot if necessary