1. Size of tank? 5 Gallons
2. Water parameters Not sure of current conditions, but last time I checked everything was perfect.
d. pH, KH and GH?
e. Test kit?
3. Temperature? 79F
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)? Freshwater
5. How long the aquarium has been set up? Over 2 1/2 months
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?
4 (used to only be 2 up until about 3 days ago :P)
1 1/2 inches? I don't know, I don't keep track of these things XD
Two I've had for about 2 months and the other 2 I just got about 3 days ago.
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)? Nope
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants? Wysteria, 2 moss balls and an anubia.
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom? Blue Gravel
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors? A little house thingy
9. a. Filtration? Yes
b. Heater? Yep
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used? Whenever I get up (usually around 9:30am on weekends and 7:00pm on weekdays) till my Mom goes to bed. Usually very late at night. (I turn it off for a few hours in the afternoon when the sunlight is on it)
No idea. Came with tank I had when I was little.
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long? Yes, probably around..3-4 hours?
11. a. Water change schedule? One 25% once a week and then a little more than 50% once a month with gravel siphoning.
b. Volume of water changed? See above
c. Well water, tap water, RO water? Tap
d. Water conditioner used? Yep
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed? Once a month
12. Foods? Spirluna Flakes, Tropical Flakes, and Freeze Dried BloodWorms (only occasionally on the last one)
How often are they fed? Twice a day.
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms? My one male guppy has always had a tattered looking tail (didn't notice when I bought him), so I just thought it was from being in a tank with all the other guppies. A couple days ago, on his dorsal fin, I noticed some red tips. I figured it was just a flake of food that got stuck on him, and forgot about it. Today, he has the same red edges on his tail and a little on his dorsal too D: I'm not sure what I should do for him, he's acting normal except for a slight lack of activeness, but I think it's because he got kicked out of his dominant state when I added the two new guppies. Otherwise eating and acting fine.
b. Appearance of poop? Normal
c. Appearance of gills? Normal
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? No
b. What meds were used? None
15. Insert photos of fish in question and full tank shot if necessary. N/A
Just wondered if I should do anything for him.
Thanks for any help!