1. What is the size of your tank?
2. What are your water parameters? State the brand of test kit used.
Ammonia 0.25 ppm
Nitrite 0.0 ppm
Nitrate ~2.5 ppm (the color seems to be a little too orange for 0.0 ppm, but not enough for 5 ppm)
All test were done 6 minutes ago using API freshwater master test kit, liquid tests not strips.
3. Is your aquarium set up freshwater or brackish water?
Freshwater, I do use some freshwater aquarium salt, not sure if that makes it brackish.
4. How long the aquarium has been set up?
4 months, seeded with gravel that has been going for over a year.
5. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?
1 Betta fish (1 inch, had him for 1 year)
3 Fancy Male Guppies ( 1/2 inch 2 weeks)
6. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)?
New guppies were not quarantine before introduction (they were floated before I put them in the tank) , sick fish has now been quarantined.
7. What temperature is the tank water currently?
8. Are there live plants in the aquarium?
1 moss ball
9. What filter are you using? State brand, maintenance routine and power capacity.
I'm using the in hood Eclipse brand filter, I change the filter about once ever 4 months.
10. Any other equipment used (aside from heater and filter which are two very important components of the tank)?
No, just the heater.
11. Does your aquarium receive natural sunlight at any given part of the day? What is your lighting schedule (assuming you do not rely on sunlight for our viewing pleasure)?
No natural sunlight I just have the florescent light in hood.
12. When did you perform your last water change and how much water was changed? How often do you change your water? Do you vacuum the substrate?
I vacuum and clean the substrate once ever 2 weeks when I do a 50% water change.
13. What foods do you provide your fish? What is the feeding schedule?
The Betta gets bloodworm once a week, and brine shrimp 1 a week. The rest of the time he gets Betta bites pellets. The guppies get tropical fish flakes. They get fed once a day.
14. What unusual signs have you observed in your fish?
The guppie was swimming erratically bending it's body back and forth in a c-shape not really getting any where and has a large wound on it's side.
15. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? If so, what treatments did you use? State your reasons for planning ahead of proper diagnosis.
No, just separated him so he couldn't spread whatever he may have.
Photo so you could see the big gaping hole in his side, it's hard to tell from the photo, but the hole has a ring of black around it and the wound it's self is yellow in color.