1. Size of aquarium (# of gallons) 10
2. Is your aquarium setup freshwater or brackish water? freshwater
3. How long the aquarium has been set up? Since May 18th
4. What fish and how many are in the aquarium (species are important to know) 1 goldfish
5. Are there live plants in the aquarium? No
6. What temperature is the tank water currently? 72
7. What make/model filter are you using? Tetra Whisper Filter, Medium
8. Are you using a CO2 unit? No
9. Does your aquarium receive natural sunlight at any given part of the day? Not really
10. When did you perform your last water exchange, and how much water was changed? 25%, ten minutes ago
11. How often do you perform water changes? 3 days
12. How often and what foods do you feed your fish? 2x a day, flakes
13. What type of lighting are you using and how long is it kept on? No lighting
14. What specific concerns bring you here at this time? read below
15. What are your water parameters? Test your pH, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate.
nitrite: 0 ppm
nitrate: no higher than 10 ppm
16. What test kit are you using and is it liquid or test strips? API Liquid
17. When was the last time you bought a fish and how did they behave while in the pet store tank? Bought him Jan 17-don't remember how he behaved in tank
Alright, this summer I've had a slew of water problems--ranging from high ammonia levels to high pH levels to high nitrite and nitrate levels. Somehow, miraculously, all of them seemed to have vanished.
But this is a constant thing-I frequently find Odie sitting at the bottom of the tank. Most times I go over to him and he starts swimming normally, but last night I went over and it seemed like he was struggling to keep himself swimming (instead of on the bottom). Then, today, he spends most of the night sitting on the bottom, swimming a little then sitting again, despite my being right there.
Normal fish behavior? Overfeeding? I only fed once today and I'm worried :(