I just bought a new tank for my goldfish. I used all the same decor as was in their original tank. At first they seemed fine and even ate a little. Now they are despondent. All three are hiding in or under things and are barely moving. I put them in the tank at 3:30. It is now 7:30. Is there anything I can do to save them?
1. Size of aquarium: 20 gallons
2. Is your aquarium setup freshwater or brackish water? Freshwater
3. How long the aquarium has been set up? four hours
4. What fish and how many are in the aquarium (species are important to know) 3 goldfish
5. Are there live plants in the aquarium? yes (unsure of names)
6. What temperature is the tank water currently?
7. What make/model filter are you using? Topfin 20 #35903
8. Are you using a CO2 unit? no
9. Does your aquarium receive natural sunlight at any given part of the day? no
10. When did you perform your last water exchange, and how much water was changed? All
11. How often do you perform water changes? N/A (Just set the tank up today)
12. How often and what foods do you feed your fish? Goldfish flakes, algae wafers
13. What type of lighting are you using and how long is it kept on? Flourescent (Just today in the new tank. Before they had a different kind of light)
14. What specific concerns bring you here at this time? My fish are despondent
15. What are your water parameters? Test your pH, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. I don't know.
16. What test kit are you using and is it liquid or test strips? N/A
17. When was the last time you bought a fish and how did they behave while in the pet store tank? Four months ago. Normal?