I noticed this white spot inside the head of one of my glass cats. It's symmetrical and I'm sure it's inside his body and not outside. All the others seem fine, although he seems more aggressive than usual.
My 5 glass cats were getting bothered by the busyness of my main tank so I moved them to my 10g shrimp tank. I feed the glass cats live daphnia from outside my house probably 3 times a week. I've had the same 5 for almost a year now :) The shrimp tank might not be all that perfect for them, and I was about to move them back, except I don't want to if one is sick. Looks like my shrimp tank inadvertently turned into my hospital tank :/
photos are linked at the bottom
1. Size of tank?
2. Water parameters
a. Ammonia? none
b. Nitrite? none
c. Nitrate? ~10
d. pH, KH and GH? ph ~7.2
e. Test kit? API
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)?
5. How long the aquarium has been set up?
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?
5 glass cats + 4 CRS
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)?
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants? Java Fern
, Java Moss
, Pygmy chain sword
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom? sand bottom
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors? malyasian drift wood
9. a. Filtration? sponge
b. Heater? yes
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used?
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long?
11. a. Water change schedule? 30% once a week
b. Volume of water changed?
c. Well water, tap water, RO water? tap
d. Water conditioner used? prime
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed? once a month
How often are they fed?
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms?
b. Appearance of poop?
c. Appearance of gills?
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis?
b. What meds were used? no
15. Insert photos of fish in question and full tank shot if necessary.
PHOTOS: Camera+ photo Camera+ photo