10-24-2006, 05:59 AM
| || |
I agree with Nick, for there to be no ammonia, no nitrite, no nitrate... yet fish in the tank and I have to assume being fed. There is waste going in, I would check to see what kind of test kit was used, and how accurate that kit is. I would also suggest retesting the water using a reliable kit.
I would not be surprised to see high nirtite or ammonia levels to show up on an accurate test. The symptoms you describe sound like ammonia/nitrite toxification. If, on another test, the water stats come out the same, I would ask if the test was done right after a water exchange instead of just before the change or 24 - 48 hrs after the change.
Small, frequent water changes are important, but be careful not to "over do" them.