Ok so as of the as 2-3 days I've had 1 fish die on me overnight. At first it was a couple guppies - thought "ehhh its just a guppy" not the first time its happened - bad batches or something in their store tank ya? Then today I awoke to see that my dwarf groumi was dead. This could be another "ehhh bad batch" deal since they werent the best gouramis in the world, but im starting to worry. My bumble bee platy didnt look so well this morning and when i went home for lunch she had disappeared =( I fear the worst.
Anyways had done readings last night, everything is fine, little bit of ammonia which i thought might be to mucking up the substrate a few hours before the test. Gonna do a cleaning/water change this afternoon see if that gets rid of anything.
I had recently added some guppies and the dwarf, though this sudden fish death syndrome seems to be striking some of my older fish not just new. Tanks been established for well over 2 months now - previously upgraded from a 5 - used the same substrate and water to kick start my new tank.
I have a AC70 on it, plenty fake plant hiding places, no new decorations.
Is this a parasite? I've already dropped in some aqua safe and melafix gonna maybe try the jungle tabs. =\ is it possible its the ammonia and its spiking at night or something?