Hello! I've had some unfortunate fish deaths recently. A few weeks after I transferred my 3 blood parrots, green severum, and bristlenose pleco (that were otherwise doing great) to my 90 gallon tank with 8 turquoise rainbows, the rainbows started dropping like flies. Thinking it was a nitrAte problem, having read rainbows are sensitive, I started doing daily/every other day water changes. Still, one by one, rainbows died. At the same time, one of my BPs started becoming too aggressive and beating up on my green sev and other BPs. So, when my green sev died I assumed it was him, and he was relocated. I did a 50% WC. Soon after, the blood parrot I've had for 8 years starts refusing food. Other BP was fine for a few days, then also began refusing regular food. Both ate blood worms for a few days, then refused those. I then treated with general cure. I also started soaking food in garlic guard, to no avail. I treated with paraguard for several days, still soaking blood worms and algae wafers in garlic guard. Large bp died. Treated with kanaplex 1 round, then metro+ the next day. I'm still waiting on the metro I ordered from marine depot. I'm down to my smallest BP, I really dont want to lose him. I'm just not sure what the heck is going on :(
Also: bristlenose pleco acts as if everything is fine! I fine this the strangest. I also have 1 rainbow left, who is eating well.
Sorry for the book of information. Any suggestions appreciated, I'm at my wits end!
1. Size of tank? 90g
2. Water parameters
a. Ammonia? 0
b. Nitrite? 0
c. Nitrate? 15ppm
d. pH, KH and GH? N/A
e. Test kit? API master kt
3. Temperature? 84F
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)? FW
5. How long the aquarium has been set up? 3mos
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?
1x bristlenose for 4yrs
1x blood parrot for 4yrs
1x turquoise rainbow for 2.5mos
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)? No
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants? Live java fern, temple plant, pennywort, ludwigia
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom? Gravel
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors? Driftwood
9. a. Filtration? Fluval fx5
b. Heater? Stealth
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used? 3x t5 HO 8-10 hrs
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long? No
11. a. Water change schedule? every week
b. Volume of water changed? 25%
c. Well water, tap water, RO water? Tap
d. Water conditioner used? Prime
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed? Weekly
12. Foods? Omega one fw flakes & cichlid pellets, aqueon algae rounds
How often are they fed? 1-2x daily
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms? Complete inappetance. Lethargic. Splotchy color
b. Appearance of poop? Stringy, white
c. Appearance of gills? Normal, not inflamed/red
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? Yes
b. What meds were used?
2 rounds general cure
10 days paraguard
1 round metro+
15. Insert photos of fish in question and full tank shot if necessary.