Okay, so some of you might notice that exactly one week ago I posted about my fish having ich... and now I think two of them have fin rot. It's as if the aquarium world is saying "Hi, Constance. Welcome to the world of aquaria. Here's a present from all of us, and just in case you don't appreciate that one enough, here's another one!"
Anyway, here's my statusy stuff-
1. Size of tank? 10 gallon
2. Water parameters
a. Ammonia? Unknown
b. Nitrite? Unknown
c. Nitrate? Unknown
d. pH, KH and GH? Unknown
e. Test kit? Obviously, I haven't used one...
3. Temperature? 26 degrees Celsius, but I've been trying to keep it up higher for the ich (yes, it's still there...)
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)? FW
5. How long the aquarium has been set up? Almost 4 weeks
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?
2 Black Skirt Tetras, 3 weeks
1 Black Skirt Tetra, 1 week
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)?
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants? 2 fake plants
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom? Gravel
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors? I have some (real) seashells on the bottom, but that's it.
9. a. Filtration? Whisper, 10i
b. Heater? No heater, I live in a climate that doesn't need one (although I keep an eye on the temperature, of course)
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used? Whatever came with my Tetra kit, I turn the lights on for 3-4 hours a day
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long? A little indirect sunlight exposure through the afternoon
11. a. Water change schedule? I've been doing 2-3 25% water changes a day because that's what's on the directions for the ich medication
b. Volume of water changed? Look above :)
c. Well water, tap water, RO water? Tap
d. Water conditioner used? Topfin dechlorinator
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed? None and never.
12. Foods? Just flakes
How often are they fed? Twice a day
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms? Well, yesterday two of the fish's bottom fins (whatever they're called) were tearing a little and today they are worse and one of them is gray on the very edge.
b. Appearance of poop? How do you even find that?
c. Appearance of gills? Normal
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? Well, for ich...
b. What meds were used? AP QuICK Cure
15. Insert photos of fish in question and full tank shot if necessary. Sorry, but probably not possible.
So, I guess my question is: What should I use to treat them, is there anything that doesn't have chemicals in it I can use, and should I wait until after the ich is done to start treating them?
Thanks everyone!!! :)