05-24-2008, 07:34 PM
| || |
Originally Posted by eelz212
. 55 Gallons
3. 4 or 5 months
4. 1 black moor gold fish 1 fancy goldfish
5. Are there live plants in the aquarium? = NO
6. What temperature is the tank water currently? =72
7. What make/model filter are you using? = Aquaclear 110
8. Are you using a CO2 unit? =? No
9. Does your aquarium receive natural sunlight at any given part of the day? = Part of the tank does yes
10. When did you perform your last water exchange, and how much water was changed? =40%
11. How often do you perform water changes? twice a month
Usually 25% weekly is recommended....any gravel in the tank?
12. How often and what foods do you feed your fish? =wardley sinking goldfish crumbles and wardley flakes
13. What type of lighting are you using and how long is it kept on? =strip light/8 hours per day
14. What specific concerns bring you here at this time? =everything i mentioned before
15. What are your water parameters? Test your pH, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. = ph: dunno, ammonia 0ppm, nitrate:0ppm
Your tank is not established unless you have 0 ammonia and nitrites, and >20 nitrates. What are the nitrite readings? Try testing nitrates again but shake the beejeezus out of the bottles.
16. What test kit are you using and is it liquid or test strips? api liquid
17. When was the last time you bought a fish and how did they behave while in the pet store tank? =these were the original fish. they were unhealthy at first but have been fine for the last four months
I have answers in purple. I ask if you have gravel because if you don't and you change all the filter material out at the same time there's nowhere to establish a bio-bed which leads to a stressful situation for the fish (though I'd think your ammonia would be higher if there was nothing to process it yet). Plus, I'm not sure but it might be too warm in their tank since goldies are a coldwater fish.