1. Size of aquarium (# of gallons) 12 gallons
2. Is your aquarium setup freshwater or brackish water? Freshwater, but I added a little bit of aquarium salt a few days ago because the person at the aquarium store recommended it
3. How long the aquarium has been set up? 6 months?
4. What fish and how many are in the aquarium (species are important to know) 1 feeder goldfish, two "fancy" goldfish
5. Are there live plants in the aquarium? No
6. What temperature is the tank water currently? Slightly colder than room, no heater
7. What make/model filter are you using? I don't know...
8. Are you using a CO2 unit? No
9. Does your aquarium receive natural sunlight at any given part of the day? Not usually
10. When did you perform your last water exchange, and how much water was changed? I haven't put new water lately - except the water that came with the two newer fishes
11. How often do you perform water changes? I haven't, didn't know I was supposed to
12. How often and what foods do you feed your fish? Once a day - TetraFin
13. What type of lighting are you using and how long is it kept on? It used to be all day, but I had a stint of algae, so now only for a few hours a day
14. What specific concerns bring you here at this time?
15. What are your water parameters? I don't know how to test.
16. What test kit are you using and is it liquid or test strips? N/A
17. When was the last time you bought a fish and how did they behave while in the pet store tank? I bought the two fancies about... three weeks ago? they were active and fine in the tank
So, I bought my two new fish about three weeks ago, they were doing fine and everything was great until about five days ago. One of the fish came down with Ich. So, I went to the store and I bought Nox-Ich (I got help from a salesperson) and Aquarium Salt. I treated for the Ich and the fish appears to be better.
Now my other new fish is staying at the surface near the filter, not moving unless I gently shake the water, and barely breathing. I've looked up a lot of information. Some people think the fish is pregnant (she doesn't appear bloated...), constipation (I've seen that before, doesn't look like it), or swim-bladder (but I don't know how to diagnose this). ANY help would be great. I know I need to change water. Any other suggestions?