09-23-2008, 03:16 AM
| || |
Dying ornate bichir, please help
I have a sick freshwater fish, an ornate bichir. I was treating him with melafix, but overnight he catapulted to near death.
he started getting random blotchy spots that made his color fade. I noticed this and kept an eye on him. Over the course of a week i noticed more blotchy faded spots. I had my water tested at it was fine. I have been doing melafix treatments for over a week. Today he is immobile, his entire body is faded. Blood is visible under his scales on the lower part of his body. Northwest was the only place open today so i asked them, but they couldnt give me any help. Out of desperation i have added anti fungal/bacterial/parasite treatments into the water.
any information you could give me would especially be appreciated. He looks like he is in so much pain and i feel so bad for him.