04-16-2008, 05:53 AM
| || |
Re: dying fish
Originally Posted by aerynkelly
I have a 20 gallon freshwater tank that I am starting - this tank used to be established, but after a long weekend and a power hit to the building (the tank is at work) we ended up losing all the fish. We completely cleaned the tank out, so now it's brand new again. I'm definitely familiar with cycling...had no problems establishing the tank last time. This time however, any fish I put into the tank isn't surviving 24 hours. I've tested the water and can find nothing wrong with it. When the first fish died I thought maybe it was sick from the pet store (it wouldn't eat, wasn't swimming much) but after the 2nd died, I started to suspect the tank. Any thoughts/suggestions?
i am thinking it was the bleach that killed the fish, you wouldnt need alot of it left behind to kill them
my aplogies to the other members i didnt read the responses