08-06-2008, 09:45 PM
| || |
If there are no raised scales, and both the mollies and plecos are dying I do not think that it is dropsy. Did the plecos get bloated as well? I am guessing that it is either some sort of internal parasite, or bacteria. I have never heard of this before though, so I can't really offer any advice. Sorry.
Ok, I just looked in my magazine, and there are several medications that claim to treat multiple problems. Paraguard claims to treat bacterial and fungal infections as well as exernal and internal parasites. There is also Metro+ and Metronidazole which claim to treat bacterial infections as well as internal and external parasites. Maybe if you used a broad spectrum antibiotic such as one of these you could wipe out whatever this is.
Again, I am not an expert and have no experience with this. This is just my common sense advice, so if anyone more experienced with this sees anything that is wrong, feel free to correct me.
Oh, in case you want to know where you could get these meds for sure, the magazine that I was using was from drsfostersmith.com. Hope this helps.