Hey everyone, first poster here. Not sure if fish are sick. I appreciate anyone who can help. Any questions, please let me know. Please see below:
1. What is the size of your tank? 36 gallon
2. What are your water parameters? State the brand of test kit used. Brought water into Petco - everything was fine except the Ph level (6.0) Petco guy said it needs to be raised to atleast 7.
3. Is your aquarium set up freshwater or brackish water? fresh water
4. How long the aquarium has been set up? 2 months
5. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them? 3 tiger barbs, 2 red fin barbs, 3 red tetras, 2 convicts w/ fry (Used a divider to protect fish)
6. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)? Had 5 barbs first - about a month ago introduced the rest. No quartine
7. What temperature is the tank water currently? 82 degrees
8. Are there live plants in the aquarium? yes, one small one.
9. What filter are you using? State brand, maintenance routine and power capacity. Marineland Magnum 350 Canister w/ carbon (change once a month) Aquatech 20-40 HOB filter
10. Any other equipment used (aside from heater and filter which are two very important components of the tank)? Air Pump
11. Does your aquarium receive natural sunlight at any given part of the day? What is your lighting schedule (assuming you do not rely on sunlight for our viewing pleasure)? Very little sunlight Marineland LED lights 12 hrs day
12. When did you perform your last water change and how much water was changed? How often do you change your water? Do you vacuum the substrate? 20% change once a week, done Sunday. Vacuum the substrate.
13. What foods do you provide your fish? What is the feeding schedule? 2 times a day, flakes, bloodworms, krill
14. What unusual signs have you observed in your fish? 1 tiger barb has ripped fins 1 tiger barb seems to have loss color 1 red fin barb also lost color
15. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? If so, what treatments did you use? State your reasons for planning ahead of proper diagnosis. Have not done anything, not sure if the fish have a parasite or not.