Sorry, I forgot to add the form with all the questions. Here it is though.
1. Size of tank?
2. Water parameters
- LFS said it was 'pretty good' a couple days ago. Did not get exact numbers, and do not have my own testing kit yet. Money and all.
- 78 Degrees (using dash to distinguish answers in the form. . . water is not -78 degrees.
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)?
5. How long the aquarium has been set up?
- About a week
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?
- 1 Leopard Sailfin Pleco - about 4 Inches long. - Had him about 5 days
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)?
- Not sure what this means. It was introduced by letting it float in the bag for about 25 minutes before cutting the bag open and letting him swim into the tank. Have learned better since then, and will acclimate differently next time. . .
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants?
- Not yet. Brazilian Pennywort is in the mail. . .
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom?
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors?
- Couple solid decorations, fake plants (from LFS) without hollow spaces
- A few river rocks, that were soaked in water, scraped, soaked, scraped, then had boiling water poured over both sides for a few seconds. places to provide hiding places. (from river)
9. a. Filtration?
- 2 60 gallon hanging filters running full time.
- 1 300 watt underwater heater set at 79 degrees
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used?
- 1 florescent light on one side. Not sure of wattage. 8AM - 1AM most days. Off the past few days.
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long?
- 3-4 hours of direct sunlight to 1/5th of the tank. Will be getting curtains or covering that part of the tank to resolve this.
11. a. Water change schedule?
- Every other day at this point
b. Volume of water changed?
- 10 gallons (from a 55G tank, so approx 20%
c. Well water, tap water, RO water?
- Tap Water
d. Water conditioner used?
- Prime. Water is removed, Prime added to tank for amount of water being added. (A little over the needed amount just to be safe) then water added directly to tank.
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed?
- Has not been yet. I need to get a gravel vacumn. Will be with every water change though. At least I beleive that is whats right, unless I see differently somewhere)
- Algae Tab to supplement algue growth in tank.
How often are they fed?
- 1 tab each night.
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms?
- Irregularly shaped Grey patch covering about half of the pleco. Not covering front of face, or entire back half, just a patch covering most of his back.
b. Appearance of poop?
- Did not check specifically this morning to see if he was going, although it seems he constantally is.
c. Appearance of gills?
- Again, did not have time to check in detail, as I was in a rush and noticed him looking off.
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis?
b. What meds were used?
15. Insert photos of fish in question and full tank shot if necessary.
- Did not have time to get any, although I will see if I can do so.