Im having some problems with my tank and i dont know where else to turn. I think my fish may have internal parisites. I have one large Oscar and a pleco. My Oscar seems slugish but from the outside he looks healthy. My pleco has transparent poo and his belly is blown up to twice its size in just 2 days. I was told this might be internal parisites. Here is the list of question that is needed for the forum about my tank set up.
1. Size of aquarium (# of gallons) 90 gallons
2. Is your aquarium setup freshwater or brackish water? freshwatter
3. How long the aquarium has been set up? 1 year 4 months
4. What fish and how many are in the aquarium (species are important to know) 1 large oscar and pleco
5. Are there live plants in the aquarium? no
6. What temperature is the tank water currently? 82
7. What make/model filter are you using? sump filter (500gph) Fluval FX5 canister filter (300gph)
8. Are you using a CO2 unit? no
9. Does your aquarium receive natural sunlight at any given part of the day? no
10. When did you perform your last water exchange, and how much water was changed? The 16th only 20% I let my water set in a 20 gallon tank for a few days befor i add it to my tank.
11. How often do you perform water changes? one a week
12. How often and what foods do you feed your fish? twice a day but both have stoped eating for the past week.
13. What type of lighting are you using and how long is it kept on? fluorescent
14. What specific concerns bring you here at this time? pleco has transparent poo and bloated stomach, Oscar is slugish. Both have not been eating.
15. What are your water parameters? Test your pH, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. No amonia or nitrite. I know nitrate is never high and ph is always aroung 7.8
16. What test kit are you using and is it liquid or test strips? Its aquarium pharmaceticals liquid master test kit.
17. When was the last time you bought a fish and how did they behave while in the pet store tank? Its been more then a year It was the pleco.
The pleco has larg bloated stomach with clear poo. I know he hasnt been eating beacuse the alge have started growing for the first time in a year. My Oscar isnt eating aswell and slugish. Hes not beging for food anymore
What can i do?