1. Size of aquarium (# of gallons)
2. Is your aquarium setup freshwater or brackish water?
3. How long the aquarium has been set up?
4. What fish and how many are in the aquarium (species are important to know)
Err, lots, see tank log if needed...
5. Are there live plants in the aquarium?
6. What temperature is the tank water currently?
7. What make/model filter are you using?
8. Are you using a CO2 unit?
9. Does your aquarium receive natural sunlight at any given part of the day?
Some, never direct, mostly in the morning, mid-day
10. When did you perform your last water exchange, and how much water was changed?
25% about a week ago
11. How often do you perform water changes?
every 1-2 weeks
12. How often and what foods do you feed your fish?
Feed daily- mix of frozen daphnia, frozen mosquito larvae, flake food, shrimp pellets, algae wafers, fresh veggies & live blackworms
13. What type of lighting are you using and how long is it kept on?
3x 65watt CF coralife aqualight (freshwater)
14. What specific concerns bring you here at this time?
15. What are your water parameters?
Ammonia- 0; Nitrites-0; Nitrates- less than 20; ph- 6.8
16. What test kit are you using and is it liquid or test strips?
API master liquid
17. When was the last time you bought a fish and how did they behave while in the pet store tank?
Purchased from a friend @ an aquarium auction- they were and still are active and healthy, as is the stock they came from.
I noticed some of those dreaded "paintbrush" protrusions from my Bolivian Ram
a few weeks ago. I acquired some Discomed (discontinued) from a friend at the LFS, who's always had great success with it. It got rid of some of the worms, but not all of them, this was about a week ago. I ordered some Fenbenzadole in the form of a dog dewormer, which I've heard of people having success with.
Today I went by the LFS, and they didn't have any blackworms, which I wanted to use with the fenbenzadole since it needs to be fed. Then, I get home, and I see that my female betta is now showing camallanus worms! Noo!
I can't find anything definitive about the dosage of it, or how to feed it if I don't have live food to absorb it. Should I soak pellets or frozen daphnia in a solution of it? Has anyone had success using this?