My guppy came down with the Camallanus parasite about a week and a half ago. 4 days ago I began the Jungle Parasite Clear treatment and added 1/4 of a tablet to the tank (amount adjusted to match my tank volume). At that time I also started the Jungle Anti-Parasite medicated fish food. I administered the fish food for 3 days, following the instructions, and for the past 2 days I have been feeding them their normal flakes.
Well, he still has the worms (you can see them protruding from the anus) and about 3 days ago I noticed a red spot about the size of a pin-head underneath my guppy's right fin. Yesterday, it got twice as big. Today, it is the same size. I added the appropriate amount of Stress Coat to my tank today. But now, about 6 hours after adding it, there is a tan protrusion coming from the wound on the guppy. It looks like pus. In addition, my guppy has not been eating the food off the top of the tank. He does, however, forage a lot. Since he has had this wound, I have witnessed him throw up 4 times.
I have noticed no signs of the Camallanus in my tetra and he is behaving normally.
I just do not know what to do and wonder if I should put the guppy out of his misery.
1. Size of aquarium (# of gallons):
2. Is your aquarium setup freshwater or brackish water?
3. How long the aquarium has been set up?
4. What fish and how many are in the aquarium (species are important to know)
1 yellow guppy and 1 long-fin black skirt tetra
5. Are there live plants in the aquarium?
6. What temperature is the tank water currently?
7. What make/model filter are you using?
8. Are you using a CO2 unit?
9. Does your aquarium receive natural sunlight at any given part of the day?
10. When did you perform your last water exchange, and how much water was changed?
1 day ago - 50%
11. How often do you perform water changes?
1-2 times a week
12. How often and what foods do you feed your fish?
Tetra Freshwater Flakes and TopFin Freshwater Flakes, 1-2 times a day
13. What type of lighting are you using and how long is it kept on?
14. What specific concerns bring you here at this time?
Camallanus worms and infection
15. What are your water parameters? Test your pH, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate.
16. What test kit are you using and is it liquid or test strips?
17. When was the last time you bought a fish and how did they behave while in the pet store tank?
The yellow guppy about 3 weeks ago, it behaved normally.