I've had 2 blue gouramis for about a year, and this last Christmas I transferred them to an 8 gallon tank along with a bottom feeder. I added a dwarf gourami and 2 small mollies to the tank and they all got along perfectly. I noticed my gouramis were a bit spacey..hanging out at the back corner of the tank and floating close to the surface all day. Recently the bigger of my blues gouramis (Misty) died. I believe it was a male, but wasn't sure. I found him stuck in the middle/bottom of one of my fake plants. Now my other blue is looking bloated and is still floating at the back of the tank. Is she sick or pregnant? I'll post pictures of it, but I think it's a girl. (I could be wrong, but it's hard for me to tell!)
1. Size of tank? 8 gallons
2. Water parameters
d. pH, KH and GH?
e. Test kit? I'm going to buy one soon. I have a water conditioner that helps remove ammonia and nitrate, so I wasn't too worried about it.
3. Temperature? 79 degrees
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)? Fresh water
5. How long the aquarium has been set up? Since Dec 25,2011
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them? 5 fish. 1 blue gourami (1year), 1 dwarf gourami (about a month), 2 mollies (about a month), 1 bottom feeder (about a year). The fish arent very big.
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)? No
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants? Fake plants
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom? Gravel
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors?
hollow rock or wood structure with plants coming off the sides
9. a. Filtration? Yes
b. Heater? No
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used? 6am-8pm lights are on.
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long? No
11. a. Water change schedule? At least once a week
b. Volume of water changed? At least 1 gallon
c. Well water, tap water, RO water? Tap
d. Water conditioner used? Yes
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed?
12. Foods? Flakes
How often are they fed? 1-2 times a day, 6am and sometimes 3pm
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms? Bloated and pale..seems lethargic or spacey
b. Appearance of poop?
c. Appearance of gills? Slightly bloated around gills, but breathing fine. Posted via Mobile Device