This is for the QT, not the main tank
1. Size of tank?
2 gallons (small, i know, but its this or be picked to death)
2. Water parameters
a. Ammonia? }
b. Nitrite? } I only set it up today, so 0 atm
c. Nitrate? }
d. pH, KH and GH? 7.2ph
e. Test kit?Drop tester
3. Temperature? 24/25C
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)?
5. How long the aquarium has been set up?
Less then a day
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)?
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants? A clump of Anacharis to keep ammonia in check
b. Sand, gravel, bare bottom? Sand
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors? None
9. a. Filtration? A sponge filter
b. Heater? 25 watts
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used? I don't have a light on it but it has light from the tank beside it and sunlight
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long? Yes and from 10am(ish) to whenever it sets. So nine hours??
11. a. Water change schedule? This is my plan
b. Volume of water changed? 50%
c. Well water, tap water, RO water? Tap water
d. Water conditioner used? Prime
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed? I don't think i will do this everyday, more like every 5 days or so
12. Foods? Blood worms and flakes
How often are they fed? Twice a day
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms? Fins look terrible and she seems stressed
b. Appearance of poop? I can never tell if they are pooping or not
c. Appearance of gills? Normal, I guess
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis?
b. What meds were used? Yes, i am using melafix
Two of bettas have fin rot, and she is the worst of the two. I have put her in a 2 gallon QT and i am using melafix to treat her. Is there any thing (besides marycyn (sp?) that I could use?? I would use it but i cant afford it :( I don't care if it kills the Anacharis, its just clippings i didn't want. Would AQ salt help her?? She is eating, so that's good.