My old, old betta, Swish keeps choking on pellets. He'll eat one and then the other one he'll get stuck in his mouth. He cant spit it out so I literally have to do the Heimlich on him. Get the net andpry it out. He has done it twice now and is not looking good. I might be getting AQ salt from my friend today (neighbor recommended it) and how should I use this? Length and amount? He is losing color and my sister saw him swimming up-side down on the bottom, he looks really pale and almost greyish. I am using Melafix at half dose (only thing I have right now, I'm broke and getting salt from my friend for a reason) and I am have two doses left 'till its done. He is sitting at the bottom and just floating a lot. And he just doesn't seem . . . himself. And what cons are there of using salt?
Thx! Ill fill the form thingy in now. Just wanted to get that posted.
EDIT:1. Size of tank? 2 gallons
2. Water parameters
d. pH, KH and GH? 6.8
e. Test kit? API
3. Temperature? 22C
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)? FW
5. How long the aquarium has been set up? 1 year 7 months 1week and 6 days.
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them? I male betta for 2y 7m
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants? 1plastic plants
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom? Sand
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors? No
9. a. Filtration? no
b. Heater? no
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used?
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long? about half the day ?
11. a. Water change schedule? Weekly
b. Volume of water changed? 50%-100%
c. Well water, tap water, RO water? Tap water
d. Water conditioner used? Prime
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed? Every time but my gravel cleaner broke.
12. Foods? Pellets
How often are they fed? 2 pellets twice a day
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms? Looking greyish and finrot
b. Appearance of poop? I cant tell
c. Appearance of gills? Fine
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? Yes
b. What meds were used? Melafix