My betta Sushi has developed a bubble like growth on the right side of his dorsal fin and has been there for about 2 weeks now. It hasn't really grown at all since I first noticed it. He doesn't seem bothered by it but I don't know if he is sick or if it is just a build up of cells on his fin. Could anyone tell me what this mysterious growth is? Thank you!
1. Size of tank? 1.5 Gal
2. Water parameters N/A
d. pH, KH and GH?
e. Test kit?
3. Temperature? 80-82
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)? FW
5. How long the aquarium has been set up? 2 Months
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them? None
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)?
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants? Fake plants
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom? Gravel
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors? Rocks
9. a. Filtration? Yes
b. Heater? Yes
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used? LED Light couple hours
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long? Very little
11. a. Water change schedule? 50% Wed then 100% Sat
b. Volume of water changed?
c. Well water, tap water, RO water? Tap
d. Water conditioner used? BettaSafe
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed?
How often are they fed? twice a day Tetra betta pellets
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms? White/pink growth on the side of dorsal fin
b. Appearance of poop? normal
c. Appearance of gills? normal
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? somewhat
b. What meds were used? maracyn plus antibiotic
15. Insert photos of fish in question and full tank shot if necessary.