Got a new Creamsicle L/T Molly & upon further investigation I see that she seems to have a bad eye. The eye seems sort of sunken and where the "pupil" in the other eye is large, this one is very small in comparison. I don't feel as though it's pop-eye from what I've read up on.
Is it possible it's from an injury of some sort? I tried doing my own test of "coming at her" from that side and she still spooks so I'm not SURE that the eye doesn't work. Could it be that they eye just doesn't work so it's sort of sunken in, like a dog with a blind eye that isn't used?
As far as general health goes, she's the spunkiest one in the tank and also beautifully & brightly colored.
1. Size of aquarium (# of gallons) 14
2. Is your aquarium setup freshwater or brackish water? LIGHTLY SALTED
3. How long the aquarium has been set up? 6 WEEKS
4. What fish and how many are in the aquarium (species are important to know): 1 F DALMATION MOLLY, 1 M BLACK MOLLY, 1 CREAMSICLE L/T MOLLY, 1 F SWORDTAIL
5. Are there live plants in the aquarium? NO
6. What temperature is the tank water currently? 77-79 F
7. What make/model filter are you using? TETRA WHISPER 20 POWER FILTER
8. Are you using a CO2 unit? NO
9. Does your aquarium receive natural sunlight at any given part of the day? YES
10. When did you perform your last water exchange, and how much water was changed? TODAY, 50%
11. How often do you perform water changes? WEEKLY-ISH
12. How often and what foods do you feed your fish? ONCE DAILY, BLOODWORMS OR FLAKES. AN OCCASIONAL ALGAE TAB
13. What type of lighting are you using and how long is it kept on? AQUARIUM LIGHT/SOME SUNLIGHT. PORTION OF THE DAY.
14. What specific concerns bring you here at this time?
15. What are your water parameters? Test your pH, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate.
16. What test kit are you using and is it liquid or test strips?
17. When was the last time you bought a fish and how did they behave while in the pet store tank?