02-18-2013, 07:23 PM
| || |
Angelfish with Internal Bruise?
Hi guys. Been a while since I posted... hate that its for this reason (will update good stuff later when I am not exhausted).
When I got home from work today I noticed my littlest Angelfish, Helios, has what basically looks like a bruise on/in his abdomen.
I've attached some pictures. 2 of the injury, 1 from 2 days ago, and 1 of the whole tank for reference. Don't mind the floating log... it is taking forever to sink.
Sorry about the bad quality... the only camera I have is my phone.
Here is the diagnostics list:
1. Size of tank? 55 gallons
2. Water parameters
a. Ammonia? 0
b. Nitrite? 0
c. Nitrate? less than 5
d. pH, KH and GH? pH is 7.6
e. Test kit? API Master
3. Temperature? 80°
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)? FW
5. How long the aquarium has been set up? 6 months
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?
4 Angelfish (2 are about 2.5 inches (body) and 2 are about 1.5 inches), 1 Black Ghost Knife (about 7 inches), 7 Otos, and 1 Bulldog Pleco
The otos and pleco I've had for about a month, 3 of the angels (including the injured one) for about the same, and the other angel for about 2 weeks.
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)?
No, the Otos and Pleco were from Petsmart and had been there for a while with no problems.
The Angels and Ghost Knife came from a good friend (the one who has pretty much supplied my addiction) who had had them for 6+ months with no health problems.
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants? Live plants: Amazon sword, cabomba, wisteria, ludwiga
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom? black sand
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors? driftwood
9. a. Filtration? Marineland Emperor 400
b. Heater? Eheim Jager 200w
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used? roughly 10 hours a day. Marineland Daylight bulbs 6500k
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long? no
11. a. Water change schedule? biweekly
b. Volume of water changed? 30-40%
c. Well water, tap water, RO water? tap water
d. Water conditioner used? Prime
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed? biweekly
12. Foods? flakes in the morning and either bloodworms or brine shrimp in the evening
How often are they fed? twice daily
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms? No, he is eating and swimming normally
b. Appearance of poop? normal
c. Appearance of gills? normal
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? no
b. What meds were used?
15. Insert photos of fish in question and full tank shot if necessary.