11-13-2009, 08:50 AM
| || |
Originally Posted by bearwithfish
ok folks those were my wifes posts and she is realllllllly upset over this whole thing..we need some advice so we can hopefully save the fish..... we are going to talk with our LFS today but as you know alot of these folks are out for a sale not the interest of the fish...
I remember when I found physical anchor worms on the fish, what I did was pull them out with a net and took a tweezer and pulled it straight out the body, try not to scrape the fish against the net. I then put them straight back into the tank, and never had problems with anchor worms again -- make sure you get the head and not just the tail, since the tail falls off. If it does fall off and you don't see the tail anymore on the fish, you'll have more anchor worms to deal with.
Here's a descrption and solution I found online: http://www.fishdeals.com/fish_diseases/anchor_worms/
The best treatment is to remove them by hand and quarantine the tank. You may have to do the following a few times. Tweezers work well for removing the anchor worms, try to grip them as close to the wound as possible. Pperiodically dunk the fish into the bucket of water to let him get a few breaths before continuing. After removing as many as you can see, use stress coat and pray.
it worked out well because I had rio flame tetras, and they were kinda dying at 1st, but after adding some novaqua, within 3 days they were fine -- no other fish had infections. this is before my big crash and I had to rework the tank to what I have now.
Last edited by CamryDS; 11-13-2009 at 08:55 AM..