1. Size of aquarium (# of gallons) 55gal
2. Is your aquarium setup freshwater or brackish water? freshwater , but with some salt for cichlids
3. How long the aquarium has been set up? In my home since April 1st
was set up for and undetermined amout of time with the previous owners
4. What fish and how many are in the aquarium (species are important to know) 6 juvi african cichlids no one is over 2 1/2 inches
5. Are there live plants in the aquarium? no
6. What temperature is the tank water currently? 76
7. What make/model filter are you using? Tetra whisper 60
and an additional sponge corner filter
8. Are you using a CO2 unit? no
9. Does your aquarium receive natural sunlight at any given part of the day? Yes indirect
10. When did you perform your last water exchange, and how much water was changed? 1 week ago, 30%
11. How often do you perform water changes? have been weekly
12. How often and what foods do you feed your fish? cichlid gold, 6 pellets am and 6 pellets PM
13. What type of lighting are you using and how long is it kept on?
flourecent, 12 hours +
14. What specific concerns bring you here at this time? ammonia reading of 1 ppm, fish seem fine, water is a bit clouded. I am confused as to how I have ammonia and no nitrite. Also what would be the best course of action besides a water change, or is that all I should do
15. What are your water parameters? Test your pH, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate.
nitrAte- 10-15 (color inbetween)
16. What test kit are you using and is it liquid or test strips?
17. When was the last time you bought a fish and how did they behave while in the pet store tank? I have not added any fish to this tank