1. Size of tank?
2. Water parameters
d. pH, KH and GH?
e. Test kit?
Don't know, am going to get a test kit today.
4. FW (fresh water) or BW (brackish)?
5. How long the aquarium has been set up?
6. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?
5 Fancy guppies (had) 2 Rasbora (1 living) 1 albino catfish 1 betta 6 Neons 1 bristlenose plecos and 1 Bleeding Heart 1 Rainbow Tetra 1 White finny type tetra
1 Purple Mystery Snail
7. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)? i upgraded from a ten gallon to a 29 gallon and my betta swam in it for a week before I added the rest.
8. a. Any live plants? Fake plants?
Some live, some Silk
b. Sand, gravel, barebottom?
c. Rocks, woods, fancy decors? Any hollow decors?
Large fake wood stump
9. a. Filtration?
10. a. Lighting schedule? What lights are used?
Only LED lights
b. Any sunlight exposure? How long?
Some very indirect for maybe an hour or so a day
11. a. Water change schedule?
b. Volume of water changed?
c. Well water, tap water, RO water?
d. Water conditioner used?
e. Frequency of gravel/sand (if any) vacuumed?
Water changed every few weeks, 50%. Vacuum gravel with changes.
How often are they fed? Tetra Min flakes and Blood worms for Betta and Algae Wafers for Plecos. They are fed twice a day small amounts. The Algae wafers one every other day, the blood worms just here and there.
13. a. Any abnormal signs/symptoms?
b. Appearance of poop?
c. Appearance of gills?
One rasbora developed a red spot on the end of his tail. I thought that he had been injured, but then he lost his body color and died.
Then today, all of my guppies died.. pretty much at once. Now my rainbow tetra is looking pale... and the catfish is staring at me with accusing red eyes. :(.
14. a. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis?
b. What meds were used?
I used a tea tree oil melaluca antibacterial.
15. Insert photos of fish in question and full tank shot if necessary
Tank with decoration removed.
Thanks in advance for any thoughts.