1. Size of aquarium 10 gallons
3. 2.5 months
4. 3 Red Eye Tetras, 3 Rummy nose Tetras, 1 Clown Pleco
5. No Live Plants
6. Was approx 78 degrees F
7. Tetra Brand filter. Came with tank with Bio Bag
8. No CO2 unit
9. Yes some sunlight through patio window
10. It had been 7 days since the last water change. Changed 25% of the water
11. Once a week
12. Pinch of Nutrafin Max Complete Flake Food. Nutrafin Max Spirulina Algae Tablets for Pleco (just started)
13. Fluorescent deluxe full hood. Approx 10 hours a day.
14. See below.
15. Had the water tested at Pisces Pet Emporium in Calgary, AB. They said all water tests were in normal range.
16. Liquid tests that we have at home
17. Had purchased the Pleco and Rummy noses the previous Friday. They acted normal at the store.
We started our tank in early January. We introduced 3 Red Eyes about a week into the tank's life. Everything was okay for the first couple of weeks. We introduced 2 neon sword tails about 3 weeks later. Both sword tails died after 3 weeks. It turned out to be a nitrogen problem in the tank. As per recommendation we shocked the tank removing 75% of the water and upping Step 2 treatment. This seemed to work and our nitrate and ammonia levels were normal about a week later. We monitored and tested the levels for 2 weeks then decided to try more fish. We bought the Pleco and Rummy noses on a Friday. They seemed to act normal at home and seemed quite healthy. They were eating and their colours were bright. On the following Thuresday morning we woke up to find all of our tetras dead. We immediately removed them and brought them to the fish store. They tested the water levels and said everything seemed normal. They examined the fish and looked healthy aside from the fact they were dead. The Pleco made in until Friday morning and died. We again removed him and took it to the fish store. Same tests, same resaults.
As of today we have removed everything from the tank. Dumped the water. Boiled all the rocks and decor. Replaced the filter, and scrubed down the tank. We have basically started over. Before we introduce new fish we were hoping for some insite as to why all our fish might have died so suddenly.
Thank you for all your help.
Jon and Uli.