So last week I noticed that one of my albino cories was acting sick. He has always had a crook in his spine near his tail fin, and so I was not too worried about it. However, I just looked up some illnesses and he may have fish TB. He has lost coloring (even though he's an albino, he's even lighter than he was), he's lethargic, and with the crooked spine, I'm kind of worried. He has no lesions however and he has not gotten any skinnier, and like I said, I've had him for 5 months and he's always had the crooked spine. Should I be worried?
1. What is the size of your tank?
2. What are your water parameters? State the brand of test kit used.
--I only have an api ammonia kit, but it says 0
3. Is your aquarium set up freshwater or brackish water?
4. How long the aquarium has been set up?
5. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?
--4 albino cories, 1 betta, 1 flying fox
6. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)?
7. What temperature is the tank water currently?
--74 degrees F
8. Are there live plants in the aquarium?
9. What filter are you using? State brand, maintenance routine and power capacity.
10. Any other equipment used (aside from heater and filter which are two very important components of the tank)?
11. Does your aquarium receive natural sunlight at any given part of the day? What is your lighting schedule (assuming you do not rely on sunlight for our viewing pleasure)?
--not much natural lighting, all indirect. I usually leave the light on 10 hours a day
12. When did you perform your last water change and how much water was changed? How often do you change your water? Do you vacuum the substrate?
--last water change was last Thursday, I change it once a week and vacuum the substrate.
13. What foods do you provide your fish? What is the feeding schedule?
--i feed the albino cories sinking wafers every other day
14. What unusual signs have you observed in your fish?
15. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? If so, what treatments did you use? State your reasons for planning ahead of proper diagnosis.
--I used some jungle parasite clear a little bit ago, but in a half dose for the albinos.