Tropical Fish Keeping banner

FS: RCS (Red Cherry Shrimp) live arrival guarantee!

13K views 151 replies 26 participants last post by  redchigh 
#1 · (Edited)
Red Cherry Shrimp for sale!

These shrimp are hardy, won't eat plants, clean algae, and are very peaceful! Plus, they're super easy to breed!

You can get
20 shrimp for $30
30 shrimp for $45
40 shrimp for $55

First two posters will get $5 off whichever package they want.

Did I mention prices INCLUDE shipping and a styrofoam shipping box?

With Live Arrival guarantee? (I've sold several without a single death, so I'm confident. Any problems, send me a picture within 2 hopurs of delivery. Extras are ALWAYS included, so deaths would have to surpass the extras :))

These shrimp have great genetics, I bought my original 25 from 5 different sources (and 1 was mail order) so they're not depleted breeders.

If you want less than 20, let me know. I can work something out like $2 per shrimp plus shipping costs...

Want to see how beautiful they are?

I think that's everything. :p

See less See more
#62 ·
No clue, got them on ebay or aquabid, not sure which one though, I actually had bought a large amount: 100, and split the cost and amount with friends, we each got 33 and there was either one missing or one so small that we couldn't count it. Very red though, even the juveniles.

#63 ·
They arrived today! Already settling in and acquainting themselves with my other shrimp. I took some pictures... The red ones are obviously my adults, the orange/clear ones are the new guys. They all survived the trip and have been eating steadily on the kettapang leaves. Kinda small though. I know you send smaller shrimp because they survive the ride better... But that's more for sensitive species like CRS or high end tiger hybrids.

No biggie though, maybe make it a habit to mix adult and juvie, especially if you sell on ebay or aquabid, it's more of the norm, and adult cherries survive just as well, very hardy species.

Anyhoo, here's some pictures I just took, this is about an hour after acclimation:

PS, the one on the white rock is I think a female, one you sent, she's redding up already, great genetics, most shrimp take at least a few hours to start reddening.

And the last picture is of one of my momma shrimp, she's a real keeper, great markings, and right after she molts, she's a blood red.

Enjoy!

Attachments

#64 ·
Thanks for the advice.
I used to offer the choice to get adults mixed in, but when I brought it up in the pm some people thought I was trying to 'trick' them, so now I just make sure it's mentioned somewhere. (it was mentioned in an earlier post)

I realise, it's probably not absolutely neccesary to ship young ones, but when I'm guaranteeing live arrival I would rather go with the 100% success rate compared to a 98% success rate. Plus RCS don't have all that long a life span, and I'd like to make sure everyone gets the full potential of the shrimp I send. (Don't want to send a 1 year old shrimp that's slightly past middle age... ;) )

Again, for anyone who is interested, I do offer to replace some juveniles with older specimens (young adults-adults) but the DOA guarantee is waived just for the adult shrimp.

Thanks to everybody for ordering!

And yes I still have more.

are the bottom two pictures of shrimp you already had, or just the one on the bottom?
If the second from the bottom is mine I may start using it...

#67 ·
Mine have already had babies! Pretty exciting for me since I'm sure these will be the only babies I see out of any of the aquaria animals I keep. Redchigh sent me juveniles but at least I could see them with the naked eye. I have to use a magnifying glass (great tip, Eileen) in order to even see these babies. Either that or my eyes are "old", just like my back is, lol.
I'm really enjoying my shrimp, thanks Redchigh. :)

#70 ·
Bills and cycling really put a damper on things sometimes lol.

The 55 gallon still isnt ready for my goldfish, and I don't feel like buying them a more expensive dinner than I eat lol, so hopefully only a few more weeks.

Does anyone know if these cherry shrimp are any less hardy than an amano/algae eater shrimp? I grabbed one the other day and acclimated him and he seems to be doing just fine in the goldfish tank(he's as big as they are lol, so there haven't been any fighting issues) so I'm hoping if he can be healthy in the tank, that the cherry shrimp could be as well.

I may end up rushing into buying them so not getting the super package like I dreamed of, but if everything is well for them, and they have a 10 gallon tank to themselves(and trumpet snails I guess) with lots of cover, does it seem possible to go from ordering 20 shrimp to having 40 shrimp within 6 months?

I don't know how often they spawn and how many typically survive, but I would really love to have them breeding well enough to put some into the goldfish tank from time to time(In hopes of some eluding them and eventually populating the tank alongside the goldfish)

I will probably seperate the amano shirmp before I put the cherries in there, since I've read they can be aggressive at feeding time(surprisingly I've seen mine run right into, and even jump off of one of my goldfishes faces, and he's only been in there a day and a half, so I doubt he's skiddish) but does anyone know if they are aggressive enough to really cut back a population of cherry shrimp, or if they would be able to cohabitate with enough food and hiding?

#71 ·
I can answer one of your questions... You asked if cherry shrimp are as tough as amano shrimp.

Cherry shrimp are the toughest most versatile shrimp... They can live in pH of 6.5, or a pH of 8, they can live in temperature of 70's or 80's, hard water, or soft water, etc. Very hardy shrimp.

#77 ·
Why did I just know you were going to say that??
Just got your package labeled up and will be dropping off at the post office today. I'm giving you an assortment of sizes. I hope it's only a one day trip from here to Vegas! :-D

#84 ·
Well since the post office is closed for memorial day I'd hate for your little shrimpies to get stranded at the post office warehouse for 3 days...
They'll go in the mail tuesday morning, and you'll likely recieve them thurday or friday at the latest.
I'll give you tracking info soon monday more than likely.

#85 ·
How much extra would the shipping to Canada be? The postal code is r0k 0h0. Let me know I'd love to have some of these shrimp for starting my shrimparium!

#88 ·
I could do it for about the same price, but live arrival, actually arrival period, would not be guaranteed.
(Not sure what would happen if customs decided to make a deal of it, and besides, it would take 2-5 days extra for delivery...

I'm not completely sure I could send them morally knowing that they may or may not survive.

#86 ·
Alright, here we go, as I promised! This is the only picture out of about 15 that I took that really looked great.

I hope you like!

This is 48 hours after acclimation, it took about this long for them to really fill in colorwise. I fed them some japanese pumpkin last night before I took this picture, really brought her red out (You can see the orange pumpkin in her belly).

Here ya go! From redchigh to your computer screen!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.