02-18-2008, 07:09 PM
| || |
Well, It took about 3 hours to break down the FW 55g Cichlid tank, move it, and set it back up. I probably could have done it in my sleep.
As for the reef, well that was a treat to move (NOT!)
1. 25 gallons of new SW was made at the new house.
2. All of the smaller loose corals, fish, and inverts were moved from the display into containers and stored in foam coolers.
3. The larger fish were bagged up LFS style and stored in foam coolers..
4. The larger corals and those attached to large pieces of rock were moved into 5 gallon pails with lids.
5. The remainder of the rock and water was moved into 5 gallon pails and rubbermaid tubs.
6. Sump contents moved to 5 gallon pails
7. Plumbing disassembled
8. Tank (with sand bed undisturbed), sump, and stand seperated and moved to the Van
9. Equipment moved to the Van
10. Water, Rock, and Livestock moved to the Van
11. High-tail it to new house.
12. Unload livestock, rock and water.
13. Set up 20g and 40g holding tanks, and get livestock and rock into holding tanks and temp back up to normal.
14. Re-assemble tank/stand/sump and re-plumb.
15. Move new water to display, install temp HOB filter, and heaters.
16. Wait for temp in display to reach 75f
17. Test, Test, Test.
18. Re- Aquascape the Rockwork. Add remainder old water to get tank to capacity
19. Fire up the sump and skimmer.
20. Test, Test, Test.
21. Acclimate and reintroduce corals.
22. Test, Test, Test.
23. Acclimate and reintroduce Inverts.
24. Test, Test, Test.
25. Acclimate and reintroduce Fish.